I have fallen in love with The signature Collections by Sara Davies. If you're like me I keep changing my mind which collection is my favourite. Today it's The Butterfly Lullaby Collection. I made this MDF heart as a Mothers Day gift, but you could change the greeting for Easter or on your wedding day. Plus my friends and family in America celebrate Mothers Day on the 13th of May.
11" mdf heart
Sara Signature Lullaby Butterfly 12" patterned paper pad.
Butterfly Dance decorative metal die
Flit and Flutter decorative metal die
Fancy Flourishes decorative metal die
Die'sire Celebration Words metal die collection
Collall all purpose glue and 3d Glue Gel
Centura Pearl card from the darks pack
Crystal Glamour dust extra fine glitter
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Milled Lavender
2 cup hooks, the type you would use to hang net curtains
Gems and ribbon from my stash.
Gemini Die-Cutting Machine
Black Fine Liner Pen
Glass cutting mat
1. Seal both sides of the mdf heart with a watered down solution of Collall all purpose glue and water
2. Then choice 3 sheets of 12" paper from Sara's Butterfly Lullaby paper pad. They have been designed to go with each other. Lay one sheet face down on your cutting mat. Put an even coating of glue onto the mdf heart and place onto the paper, turn over and make sure there are not any air bubble, set aside to dry. once dry use a craft knife to trim away the excess paper.
3. with a blending tool and the milled Lavender Distress ink, this will give you a professional finish and hide and rough edges.
4. Use a black fine liner pen to put faux stitching around the inside and outside of the paper covered heart
5. Die cut 4 sets of Fancy Flourishes from another sheet of coordinating paper you chose earlier.
6. Die cut 4 of the largest butterfly from the Butterfly Dance die and layer 2 on top of each other to give a 3d look. Plus 4 sets of the smaller butterfly's using the Flit and Flutter decorative die.
7. Chose your sentiment from Die'sire Essentials Celebration Words Die Collection. I used the Happy Mothers Day sentiment and cut it from purple Century Pearl Card.
8. make a nice large bow from coordinating ribbon and stick on the heart using 3D glue gel. attach the cup hooks to the back and tie on some ribbon to be your hanger
9. place all your die cut embellishments around your heart and attach with glue gel. you will have a lovely personalised present .
Thank you for stopping bye today, feel free to ask any questions or shout for help.
Crafty Hugs Julie x